ORKA leverages technology to deliver a better B2B financing experience. Fundamental to this is the underwriting related to our financial products. We’re pushing capital providers to think beyond the ways in which commercial credit has been contemplated, to a new paradigm – and you’re leading this charge.
The Senior Credit Officer (Director / VP) will report to the CEO. We’re open to candidates of various backgrounds and experience levels and will title the role accordingly. If you think you’re over or under qualified, that’s ok, if you’re a seasoned commercial credit expert with an eye for innovation we want to hear from you!
- Draft/refine, own, and defend a sound and progressive commercial credit policy, including assumptions on the financial product’s performance, charge offs, prepayments, etc.
- Staff and manage a growing product team (as needed).
- Depending on an individual’s background and experience, this role may also include responsibility for other risk-related aspects of the business (counterparty, etc).
Qualifications for the Role
- 10+ years of commercial credit and lending experience that supports your ability to build a sound yet progressive credit policy for this asset class.
- Ability to sell the credit story to our capital providers.
- High-integrity and EQ, self-aware, low-ego.
- Comfort stretching the boundaries of what’s possible with commercial credit.
- Experience with early stage startups, or working on early stage products is a big bonus. This role will require comfort with ambiguity and change as we create something new together.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills that shine when you’re talking with a capital provider, working with our sales or product teams, or engaging a cross-functional audience.
Nice to Have
- Some consumer credit expertise is helpful, bonus if it relates to residential solar or a fin-tech platform.
- An existing network of capital provider and/or rating agency relationships.
- An independent style of working, entrepreneurial mindset.
What We Offer
- Early-stage, high-growth, high-complexity and reward
- Ability to make your mark as a foundational member
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits
Candidates interested in learning more may email Dori Rutkevitz @ firstname.lastname@example.org
ORKA is a clean energy financial technology company operating in stealth. (orkafinance.com)
Current options in the market are slow, bureaucratic, and not focused enough on the customer. We’re leveraging technology to unblock the deployment of better energy, deliver a stronger value proposition and (dare we say) a delightful client experience. Say that again: stale, antiquated. Replace it with fast refreshing delightful. Ahh, that’s better.
If you’re committed to a smart, sustainable economy and passionate about building an intuitive, transformative experience, come check us out. We’re venture-backed, well-capitalized, and the founding team brings combined three decades of related experience.
Additional information: ORKA and its mission will be covered in detail with qualified candidates. We value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.